Sunday, January 26, 2014

RECAP/April #1

I turned 30!

My best friend flew up to Vermont for her spring break to celebrate,
which makes her a super champ because early April in Vermont is still pretty much frigid without the pretty snow.
The weekend before my birthday,
we threw a sparkles party.
Complete with macarons, champagne cocktails, and crown decorating.

The boys were next door drinking beer,
but they eventually came over and made their own crowns,
because they were jealous.

Then we all headed out to the back room
at Duino Duende,
which is like a secret pirate meeting room,
where we drank and feasted and laughed.
It was awesome.










Then on my actual birthday,
we decided to head up to Montreal for the day.
Only it was freezing and snowing.

Me: Here, here are some long underwear.  You might want them if we're going to be walking around the city.

Cate: What do you mean?

Me:  Just put them on under your jeans.

Cate: Under my jeans?

Me: Yep.  Welcome to Vermont.  In April.



But we wandered the Old Town...
ate crepes...
walked through art galleries...
and managed to sneak a glimpse of the feeling that we were traveling again.





Then we came home to a homemade cake
(and cake stand gift!)
from Miss Lizzie,
and the most amazing steak dinner I've ever had from the beau.
Followed by Cards Against Humanity.

So,
30 was off to a good start.
And this was only celebration #1!




---------------------------------

Thirty was so strange for me.
I've really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult.
-C.S. Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment