Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Women Wednesday


I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down.



I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught.
Georgia O'Keeffe




I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.
Georgia O'Keeffe



This summer Erica and I stopped by the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe on our epic roadtrip and saw the "Georgia O'Keeffe: Abstraction" Exhibit.
I loved it far more than I thought I would.
And I think I'll start posting inspirational women on Wednesdays...
when I remember...
and when I'm not on call...
so, you know, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment