so I thought I would tell you my 21 favorite things about her !
1. She's the funniest of the sisters. Sorry, M & K, but it's true. She's hilarious.
2. She's kind of stunning and puts herself together so well.
3. But also loves dressing up (a Buckley pastime if there ever were one!)... 4. And is epically talented at making ridiculous faces... 5. I really admire her dedication to her passions, especially soccer. She has so much raw talent, but also works very, very hard and never settles for less than her best. I am much lazier than that.
6. That she let me pretend she was my own live doll to play with when she was a little banana. Such a cute little banana! 7. Her fierceness. She will be a phenomenal business woman because she navigates the world with such confidence, assertiveness and general all-starness.
8. She makes love important. She has been with this guy since they looked like this at her 16th birthday... and now they look like this at her 21st...
9. Her hands. She has those enviously graceful fingers with perfectly formed nails. That even look good with camo. If that's not talent, I don't know what is. 10. Her ambition. Homegirl knows what she wants and she goes for it. And everyone who knows her knows not to get in her way. [This girl, clearly, does not know her. Amateur.] 11. She put up with a lot being the youngest and let us call her all sorts of things...tutti-frutti, fruity, princess, banana, henna (henna is her favorite, you should all start calling her henna...)... 12. That we can be so different (I have dreadlocks, she has straighteners I shop at thrift stores, she wears pearls I want to drop out of society and she wants to grab it by the reins) so similar (remember that dressing up thing?), and love each other so much. 13. She loves hippos and milk duds. A lot. 14. She turns a different race than the rest of us in the summer, but still lets us be related to her. It's cool. 15. She can eat more than anyone I know and will be the first to tell you that. I've seen her take down a large ice cream cone and large Blizzard in one sitting. And not even break a sweat. 16. She loves her family. 17. She's growing and allowing herself to change so much. For example: Traveling to Africa and climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. Bad a#$. For another example (one clearly more indicative of personal growth): She made fun of me when she first found out I have a blog, now she texts me to tell me when she likes it. :) 18. She handed down older sisterly advice to the rest of us. Like reminding us when we should pluck our eyebrows and teaching us how to shop for clothes that fit us properly. Ok, really she just taught us how to be girls. 19. She never just eats a meal she orders. She always picks it apart/rearranges it/changes it somehow, but never with any predictable pattern. It's fascinating to watch! 20. That she is my sister and I get to stay up late talking and laughing in bed with her whenever I want. 21. How much I have learned from her. Happy birthday Jenna! I hope you have an amazing day, love you more than anything, and can't wait to celebrate with you in a couple weeks! xoxo
My friend Matt was in town this weekend, so we took a day trip up to Montreal on Saturday. And it was glorious!
Well, hello, fall foliage!
We went to the Botanical Gardens, which were wonderful (and busy!) even in October.
Did you know artichoke flowers were so beautiful?
Mayo communing with nature.
Matt kicking up his heels. As you do.
Mums = Fall.
I don't remember what these are, but aren't they magical?!
Building my portfolio for grass bed modeling...you know, in case med school doesn't work out.
Stone chairs...surprisingly comfortable!
In the "Tree House", which was disappointingly not a tree house at all, they luckily had a wonderful paper exhibit with all kinds of art made from recycled paper!
This was a place for love letters. :) Swoon.
"I love the world"
A 422 year old bonzai tree. (!?!) No biggie.
Sugar maple! It took an old friend coming to visit to realize how hard and deep I've fallen for Vermont. I still talk about it like a school girl with a crush.
So beautiful! Except the tarantulas. I could've done without them. Matt was telling us when he was in the Peace Corps in the DR he would find them in his house. And kill them with his machete. True story.
Vieux Montreal- The Old Town
Le city at le night. From Mont Royal.
Waiting for the best poutine in Montreal. Mayo's excited. Matt is cold (even with that amazing velour jacket on!).