Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh Vermont...

you soothe my soul every time...
I've gone back up to Vermont so many weekends during this Connecticut exile...
and everytime, I appreciate it more and more...
that it's easy to recycle...
that people ride bikes instead of Hummers...
that there's a community with a thriving downtown instead of spread out strip malls...

Here are some photos from these weekends of bliss and reasons that Vermont restores my soul...

Popovers at my friend Lizzie's house for brunch...
my friends live so well and beautifully....



Exploring old ski lift huts and fire towers in some of the last days of snow near Brattleboro...


Then when the snow melts it forms hidden gems like Sterling Pond near the ski slopes...




Sunset drinks overlooking the lake with friends who live so stylishly and make gin and tonics with fresh cilantro from their garden...





Live music outside under the Big Dipper summer sky...good music like the Avett Brothers because Vermont appreciates good music...

Easily rustling up 10+ people for a hike up Camels Hump with glorious views...




Coffee with friends at an adorable bakery run by a young beautiful family with their 2 year old riding around on his tricycle...




Lake Champlain, view of the Adirondacks, Adirondack chairs, pure bliss....

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos. what a beautiful start to summer in vermont. it really does feel like coming home. also, you're reading Eragon finally? yay!! we'll have to talk about dragons soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh that all looks so wonderful! I know that Avett bros. show was awesome. (music note: josh ritter is in burlington on my birthday, go check him out for me ;)) I also really want to get a popover pan now. Did you know Uncle Steve had a year or two of Connecticut Exile as well? sometimes he refers to it as the time when he was a prisoner of war in CT... xoxo

    ReplyDelete