Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Grateful 2011.


“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
― Epicurus


I saw this quote in passing the other day.
And then read my friend Erica's blog post.

It was a good reminder to 
reflect on how many wonderful things are in my life.

Isn't it crazy how easy it is to think of all the things you have left to do?
I forget everything I've already crossed off that to-do list
All the things you still want?
Meanwhile, 
there are so many things I've hoped for over the last few years that I already have:

Get into medical school
Finish the first 2 years (praise, Jesus!)
Learn to make pie from scratch
Make it through 3rd year with a sense of humor and a shred of dignity intact
Live in Vermont
Meet and date an International Man of Mystery
Own red cowboy boots


Yep, life is pretty great.
Now I'm going to go think of more things to hope for in 2012...
What do you have that you once only hoped for?

No comments:

Post a Comment