Monday, July 30, 2012

Because it's Monday

And we could all use a little happy.



This actually had me tearing up on Friday.
But it was a long week.
I haven't even told you guys what I've been doing this month!
I've been on the locked psychiatry unit.

I wrote about my psych experiences before:
here, here, here, and here.

This month has involved...
 a 60-year-old man in a cropped purple sweater vest blasting Call Me Maybe,
being cussed at,
talking to patients in togas made out of hospital sheets,
assuring a manic patient that we were not in fact Nazis,
trying to convince another manic patient that she really should get dialysis because you know, 
her life depended on it,
being proposed to by a patient,
and 
seeing people come back to reality from a psychosis.
It's been amazing.
 But it also makes for tearing up on Friday while watching a dude dancing badly around the world.

--------------------------------------
To study the abnormal is the best way of understanding the normal.
-William James



No comments:

Post a Comment