Sunday, June 27, 2010

Motorcycle Diaries

The Motorcycle Diaries Still of Rodrigo De la Serna and Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries


Still of Rodrigo De la Serna and Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle DiariesStill of Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries

Still of Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries

Still of Gustavo Bueno and Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries
Still of Rodrigo De la Serna and Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries

Still of Rodrigo De la Serna and Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle DiariesStill of Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries


Still of Rodrigo De la Serna and Gael García Bernal in The Motorcycle Diaries

'You haven't seen this yet?? I feel like you wrote this movie.'
-my friend G to me

I took that as the highest compliment, especially when this gem

popped out of Gael Garcia Bernal's mouth:
"this wretched life is now gone, the uninspiring lectures, the
papers, the medical exams. All of Latin America is ahead of us."
Ha!
Speaking to my soul, man, speaking to my soul!

It turned out to be the absolute perfect movie because I'm headed

on a roadtrip exploring North America
this summer and my friend G is headed to
Ecuador to learn medical Spanish and hike.
And this film included:
wanderlust
(mis)adventures
medicine
Spanish
Serious style inspiration
(canvas backpack? leather jacket? striped shirts?
yes please.)

I hope my trip ends with this quote also:
"Wandering around our America has changed me
more than I thought.
I am not me any more.
At least I'm not the same me I was."
Ernesto Che Guevara



1 comment:

  1. Hi! Where did you end up going on the trip? I love the above quote from the movie.

    ReplyDelete